The prevention of climate change is one of humanity’s greatest challenges
BVRio acts on the climatic issue in several ways:
- Portal of Voluntary Contributions to the Climate;
- Simulation of the Carbon Market;
- Development of the Carbon Market for Rio de Janeiro.
In the future, BVRio plans to promote other types of climate-related mechanisms as well. In particular:
- The Kyoto Market – CERs (CERs), created by Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects. Latin America is a region with a high concentration of CDM projects and we intend in the future to include contracts for CERs transactions.
- Voluntary Markets – Credits of voluntary projects, certified by established standards, such as Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) or others that will be recognised internationally
- REDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation) – BVRio plans at a future moment to include credit contracts for REDD projects in compliance with Brazilian policy.
Find out more
More on GHG emissions trading